Lukasz Fabianski is ruled out for a season.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011


Arsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski is set to miss the rest of the season as he requires surgery on a damaged shoulder.
Lukasz Fabianski close-up
GettyImagesLukasz Fabianski: Started 14 Premier League games for the Gunners this season

Fabianski broke down with the problem during a warm-up ahead of Arsenal's match with Manchester City on January 5 and has been sidelined ever since.
And now the 25-year-old Poland international's campaign appears to be over after finally establishing himself asArsene Wenger's first choice goalkeeper.
"The doctors expect me to take a long break," Fabianski said. "But we'll see if that will happen."
Fellow Pole Wojciech Szczesny will now get the chance for an extended run in the first team, and the young keeper admits he had a hand in causing Fabianski's injury.
Speaking to sports.pl, Szczesny said: "I was warming Fabian up before the game with Manchester City and I took a very powerful shot. He made a beautiful save but also got an injury. I didn't do it on purpose, I was just doing my job.
"I feel stupid about it. I even told him it would have been better if he didn't save that shot. I take advantage of my team-mate's misfortunes." via Soccernet.com

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment